Poblanos peppers are perfect in so many ways. For the people who love them, they're perfectly shaped for stuffing and have a delicious flavor, and they're also perfectly sized to make either a meal, side dish or appetizer. This stuffing combines the spicy jalapeno and the sweet apple for a delicious combination.
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off the poblano peppers and remove seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apple, jalapeno peppers, Parmesan cheese, Italian sausage and seasonings. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into your poblanos and place on a lightly spray-oiled baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly through.