Few years ago, I saw a movie called chocolate, the main character had made a chocolate drink with spicy chili powder, which impress me a lot. This spicy salsa pairs the superhot Chocolate Scorpion chili pepper with sweet tropical fruit. An excellent combination. We served ours over shrimp tacos, but it works well as as a stand-alone as well.
- Fruit from 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- Fruit from 1/2 small pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 Chocolate Scorpion chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste (just a couple of shakes of sea salt will do)
- For the salsa, combine all of the salsa ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Salt to taste and set aside until ready to use. You can make this the night before and set it in the fridge, covered, for the flavors to mingle.