This recipes is absolutely a feast for the people who like chili pepper cooking, which came to us after experimenting with various stuffing mixtures for pork chops. This one absolutely delivers on flavor. Chopped apples seasoned with Cajun spices make for a delicious stuffed poblano pepper. It's a perfect side dish. We also made a batch of Apple-Cajun Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers with the same mixture.
Cajun-Apple Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice poblano peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and add butter.
- When butter is melted, stir in bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Use water in very small amounts to thin as needed, but the mixture should be slightly thick and chunky.
- Fill each poblano half with a heaping mound of your stuffing mixture.
- Bake stuffed poblanos on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 30 minutes.