Roasted Anaheim peppers bring a sweet flavor to the homemade sauce, but don’t be afraid to be generous with the fresh basil. You’ll love the combination of roasted peppers and basil, but only if the basil is fresh, ideally straight from the garden. We chose shrimp for this recipe over grilled sausage or chicken to bring a bit of a Cajun feel. We think this would be great with crawfish.
- 1-2 large Anaheim peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup mini ziti noodles, prepared per box instructions
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat. Add olive oil and Anaheim peppers. Pan roast about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, sliced tomatoes and basil. Stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a baking dish, add noodles, sauce and shrimp. Mix.
- Top with cheeses and bake about 20 minutes, or until cheeses are nice and melted.