Here's is a delicious and spicy recipe with ground turkey, seasoned and mixed with whiskey, then stuffed with creamy goat cheese and bhut jolokia chili peppers (ghost peppers), then grilled and served! We enjoy the flavor of the whiskey and how it compliments both the turkey and goat cheese. Read recipe below.
- 14 oz ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels
- 2 tbs Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- buns for serving
- FOR THE STUFFING
- 1-2 yellow bhut jolokias, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniels
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder of choice
- In a mixing bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup whiskey, Worcestershire and garlic. Hand mix, but do not overmix.
- Form turkey mixture into 4 equal sized patties and flatten.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine bhut jolokias, 1 teaspoon of whiskey, goat cheese and chili powder. Mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 of the goat cheese mixture onto one of the patties. Form another patty over the mixture and pinch the edges to form the patties around the goat cheese mixture, enclosing it.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 patties.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat oil lightly. Sear each side of the stuffed turkey burgers about 1 minute each side, then reduce heat to medium
- Let burgers cook about 10-12 minutes, or until burgers are thoroughly coooked through.
- Serve on your favorite buns!