Chili pepper is the necesaary food for some people's diet. However, Chili oil is alway a delicious food additive you can not miss. Chili oil is a great way to add spiciness to your food, and bring out its flavours. Its really easy to make and tastes delicious.
Ingredients you need:
1.Oil, preferably a flavorless oil such as groundnut oil or sunflower oil
2. Chili peppers, predferably dried chili pepper
1.Get some chili peppers. Wherever you get them make sure they are fresh and clean.
2.Get some oil. You can use groundnut oil, which is a light coloured oil that does not have a strong flavor of its own. Different vegetable oils can vary in their heating characteristics, and sunflower oil works well also, whereas olive oil is not quite so good because it has its own strong flavour, and does not get to quite so high a heat.
3. Cut the chili peppers into pieces. You can cut them lengthwise, remove some of the seeds, and the inner pith, and then cut them crosswise into pieces about a centimeter long.
4. Heat the oil in a suitable pan. Try using a small cast iron frying pan. Get the oil fairly hot, then throw in the chili peppers, and cook them for about 10 minutes.
5. Allow the oil and chili peppers to cool, then pour into a jar with a lid, and enjoy!
6.The chili oil keeps for several weeks, but if you get a taste for it you'll probably use it all up quickly!
· Make sure you have a generous enough amount of oil, and cover the chili peppers well when cooking them.
· Be sure to have some idea of how hot the chili peppers you are using are. Some chili peppers are very hot and some are hardly hot at all.
· When the chili peppers are cooked, they go slightly transparent.
· It can be advisable to sterilise the jar/bottle before you add the oil. The oil will keep longer this way.
· Experiment with different kinds of chili peppers, large and small, red and green, or combinations.