Chili pepper is always my favorite food ingredients in our recipe. This is one of our very favorite salsas. We experimented with several roasted pepper combinations, and found the fusion of fresh corn (taken right from the cob), spicy serranos, suave jalapeno pepeprs, and roasted tomatillos to be absolutely perfect. Served warm, this salsa has a rich flavor that will embrace you.
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 3 Serrano peppers,chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 5 tomatillos, roasted
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat a saute pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil, corn and peppers.
- Pan roast about 8 minutes or until corn is golden.
- Let cool.
- Add to a mixing bowl cilantro, tomato and tomatillos.
- Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour.